Harry Kane took chance in Boxing Day as Tottenham Star finished 2017 as the top scorer in Europe. With the forward scoring hat-tricks in last two games of Premier League in 2017 took him to the top spot with 56 Goals in total. He beat Messi (54) with two more goals playing 11 less games than the Argentinian. This is the first time anyone has broken a total year score since Messi & Ronaldo dominated the stats from 2010.
Here is the list of Top 5 Scorers of 2017
- 56 | Harry Kane (52 Games, 1.08 Goals per Game)
- 54 | Lionel Messi | (63 games, 0.84 goals per game)
- 53 | Robert Lewandowski (55 Games, 0.96 Goals per Game)
- 53 | Cristiano Ronaldo (59 Games, 0.89 Goals per Game)
- 53 | Edinson Cavani (62 Games, 0.85 Goals per Game )
To achieve this mark, Kane Played only 52 games showing the highest goal per game ratio than any other players in top 5. He scored 8 Hat-Tricks this year. Kane also broke Alan Shearer’s Premier League record for 37 goals in a calendar year, having already matched the Newcastle United legend’s 36 strikes set back in 1995 for Blackburn Rovers.